Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 8

Today i got off of my crutches and relying only on my air cast. There has been no bruising or swelling which the doctor credits to all of the things I did since the minute the injury happened. As soon as i felt it pop I immediately got all the weight off of it and immediately iced it. I had a couple in my soccer bag i bring to the games with me( I think every sport/ gear bag you bring with you to whatever indoor/outdoor activity you do should include a couple of ice packs and an ACE bandage.) My range of motion is great and i only feel discomfort when the muscle is asked to contract. I saw the my friend the Orthopedic tonight and he says it looks great and to now include some light stretching and massages. Also one to two more weeks with the air cast before i start to do Physical therapy. As my calf is starting to feel better I WILL NOT fall into the same trap i fell into the last time i tore a calf muscle in my other leg. You will as i want to now want to start overloading your injured leg but DON'T! I was so crazed about returning to my sports that i retweaked it and had to wait another 2 weeks after i thought i was healed. Let your body heal. This is for whoever reads this as much as it is for me now writing this. I want to put on my sneakers right now and go jogging! Mind you that it is 10 pm as i write this and it is pouring and.... oh yeah, I hate jogging! That's how desperate i am to get back out there. I'd jog! Anyway, like i said before i hope these posts help at least one person like me "cope" with going through this injury even if it's read a year from now. GNITE!~

No comments:

Blog Archive